Once upon a time we had this Pahadi Chicken dish at a restaurant during Durga Puja and I was so thrilled to try this recipe at home. Mostly Pahadi Chicken or Hariyali (Green) Chicken recipe is made with boneless Chicken pieces but here I tried making this recipe with Bone-In Chicken thighs and drumstick ( the whole chicken leg) for a change and believe me, it was the best decision I ever made on a Sunday morning and as I have always say, Grilled Tandoori Chicken is a beauty in itself to admire.
The Marination of this Chicken is very different than the normal Grilled Tandoori Chicken that we usually do , but very simple, healthy and mouth watering that you can’t resist at all. Trust me.! Also, today we have used the whole Chicken’s leg – the leg quarter with back bone to make this recipe so it totally looks like we have ordered in the Chicken from outside but its not, It is just my dad’s cutting skills that you can see in the pictures.
The first step to achieve the perfectly Grilled Tandoori Chicken lies in its Marination which plays a very important role in making the chicken not only scrumptious but even deliciously tender and juicy.BonGappétit
Cooking Time : 45-50 minutes.
Course : Main
Taste : Tangy
|The whole Chicken Legs||2|
|Fresh mint leaves (Pudina)||10-12|
|Fresh Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Arrowroot Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Gram flour (Besan)||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Green Cardamom Powder (Optional)||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Fenugreek leaves Powder (kasoori methi)||1/4 tsp|
|Green Color||A Few Drops|
|Vegetable Oil||1-2 tbsp|
|Mustard Oil||1 tbsp|
Preparation to Marinate :
- Step 1 : Put fresh Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cumin seeds and 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice into a blender jar, add little water and grind to a thick and smooth paste.
- Step 2 : Heat Mustard oil in a non-stick wok, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and gram flour(besan), mix well and saute on low heat for 2 minutes or till the gram flour is fragrant. Transfer into a bowl and keep aside.
How to Marinate :
- Wash the whole Chicken Legs and make diagonal-incisions all over it.
- Place the whole Chicken legs in a bowl, add 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, curd, 1 tbsp white vinegar, green cardamom powder (optional), dried fenugreek leaves powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and black pepper and mix well.
- Add the blended paste, sautéed gram flour (besan) mixture, egg, arrowroot Powder and vegetable oil in the bowl and mix well with the Chicken pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade properly. Refrigerate to marinade for 1-2 hour.
- Preheat oven at 200º C and grease the baking tray or if you’re using grill stand (low rack).
- Brush the marinated Chicken with oil and put the chicken on the grill stand (low rack) and set the auto cook menu – grill-bake-cook/heat (combo) for 30 minutes + 20 minutes approx. both sides.
- Turn the chicken pieces upside down after every beeps. Keep checking after every 10-15 minutes to avoid over grilling them.
- Garnish with half cut lemon and salads.
The Chicken once cooked properly from inside in the oven should release a very nice aroma which signals you that the chicken is almost grilled and ready to be served and you should stop and check them to avoid over burning them.
The recipe for (red) Grilled Tandoori Chicken is already up on the blog, do check it out for another simple and perfect marination rehttps://bongappetitcom.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/grilled-tandoori-chicken-the-best-marinade-recipe-oven-cooked/cipe.BonGappétit
Don’t forget to pair your Grilled Tandoori Chicken with rice, dal, green veggies and salads to stay extra fit and healthy. So, How about a nicely done pieces of steaming hot Grilled Tandoori Chicken with it’s tantalizing aroma and mouth watering flavor but with a twist of Pudina (Mint) and Coriander leaves for today’s Sunday Lunch? Do leave your thoughts in the comment sections below.
If you liked my today’s post on Grilled Pahadi Tandoori Chicken, do like,share,comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©