Have you ever had your favorite popcorn at movie theaters and thought to yourself, wish you could have this same flavored popcorn made at home?
Quarantine demands more snacks time and the food that isn’t readily available at our finger tips anymore. Life is going miserable, I totally understand but today here I’ll be posting a very simple and quick recipe of “Cheese Chili Masala Popcorn” with you. Now wait, if you’re just thinking to skip this recipe, let me warn you it will be a mistake because making this popcorn recipe will take only 5-7 minutes but the final results will sate your all time snacks cravings at home. I promise!!! It’s so simple and lip-smacking.
|Popcorn kernels /Dry Corn||25 gm|
|Shredded (Cheddar) Cheese or Cheese Powder||2-3 cubes or 1/4 cup|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
- In a microwave safe bowl (with lid), add dry popcorn and 1 tbsp butter/oil, mix well.
- Set the auto cook menu to 4-5 minutes approx. until popping slows down and an aroma reaches your nose.
- Or heat 1 tbsp oil/butter in an aluminium wok or large pot over a medium flame, add popcorn kernels and cover the wok .
- Cook on medium flame until popping slows down, once done. Keep it aside in an airtight container. Do not keep it open.
How to make the Cheese Chili Masala:
- Step 1: Heat oil in a large size wok, add butter, red chili powder, salt, sugar and shredded cheese or cheese powder over a low flame, stir quickly and continuously for 1 minute approx. until a nice cheesy aroma reaches your nose(do not stop stirring to avoid over burning). Turn off the flame.
- Step 2: Pour the popped popcorn over the masala ingredient in the wok or vice versa and mix well with a stirring spoon properly until the masala coats all the popcorn.
- Step 3: Serve it hot immediately or store it in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
The real advantage of making Popcorn with masala at home instead of buying ready made popcorn packets from outside is that you can always make large quantities of popcorn for your whole family with minimal expense and not to mention the lip smacking tasty masala that you can make at your home.All you need are a few key ingredients and you’re going to be in cheesy heaven.Also, let’s be honest the ready made popcorn packets do not actually provide the real taste that we all crave for.
Now, what’s more better than making cheese chili masala popcorn while watching your favorite movie at home? Let me know your views in the comment section below.
If you liked my today’s recipe on “Cheese Chili Masala Popcorn”, do like share,comment and subscribe also, keep on following my blog because I’ll be returning up soon with our typical Bengali cuisines recipe in my next post. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_