Chicken is one of the most versatile food item in our food universe that can easily be experimented with many different recipes and if cooked accordingly, the results will always sate your taste buds, with that, BonGappetit has brought a brand new recipe in our food blog for your Sundays lunch and guess what we cooked today?
‘Mughlai Chicken’ is a rich, delicious, decadent and a royal cuisine, cooked with rich aromatic whole Indian spices, nuts and Indian masalas. Originated during the reign of Mughal Empire, it is a thick chicken gravy (curry) with a creamy texture and a rich, flavorful aroma that can promise you a sure joyful ride to food heaven.No Kidding! It taste spicy and so delicious that you will be tempted to lick your fingers clean and still can’t get enough of this mouthwatering and delicious recipe on a lazy Sunday morning. Believe me, missing out on trying this delicious restaurant-style recipe will be such a waste of taste.
|Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs||12 pieces|
|Fresh Cream||6-7 tbsp|
|Almond Paste||5-6 pieces|
|Cashew Nut Paste||5-6 pieces|
|Whole Black Pepper||5-6|
|Whole Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Bay Leaf||2 medium size|
|Onions Sliced||2 large|
|Ginger Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Green Chilies Slit||4|
|Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||2 tbsp|
|Red Chili Powder||2 tbsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
Marination Ingredients :
|Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs||12 pcs.|
|Ginger Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Lemon Juice||1 tbsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tbsp|
- Add the Chicken pieces in a large bowl. add 7-8 tbsp curd, squeeze the lemon juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ginger shreds, 1 tbsp garlic shreds and salt, mix and marinade well.
- Refrigerate to marinade for 30 minutes and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. (This makes the chicken soft and juicy and takes less time to cook with the prepared gravy later.)
- Soak almonds and cashew nuts in a bowl.
- In a grinder, add Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves), 2-3 tbsp curd (instead of water) and soaked nuts, ground them to a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely sliced onions in the pan , fry them till its completely brown and caramelized. Once done, Keep it aside.
- In a grinder jar, add 8-9 tbsp caramelized onions, ground them to a paste, rest keep it aside.
How to cook:
- Step 1 : Heat oil, 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add whole cumin seeds, cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamon, cloves, whole black pepper and bay leaf, sauté till it changes color and releases a nice aroma.
- Step 2 : Add ginger shreds, garlic shreds to the ingredients, saute for 1 minute over a high flame.
- Step 3 : Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder to the ingredients,mix well. Pour in the fried onion paste in the pan, sauté for 2-3 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 4 : Add the baked Chicken pieces to the gravy in the pan, pour 1 cup hot water, mix and stir well.
- Step 5 : Pour in the cashew-almond paste over the chicken pieces, mix well, cook for 2-3 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 6 : Add the fried caramelized onions over the ingredients. Mix well.
- Step 7 : Add 4 Slit Green Chilies and 1 bowl of hot water to the ingredients, stir till the gravy thickens and reaches your desired consistency. Simmer for 3-4 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 8 : Final Step, pour in 6-7 tbsp fresh cream and 1 tbsp butter to the gravy, mix well.
- Step 9 : Cover the pan and simmer for 5-6 minutes over a high flame, stir in between. Garnish with cilantro.
Step 10 : Serve Hot with rice and salads
This recipe is worth the efforts and time it takes to cook and can be best served with a bowl of basmati rice and salads. If you really enjoy cooking different recipes of chicken on weekends, then you must try this recipe that will surely bless your taste buds with its mouth-watering delicious flavor and kick start your weekend on a happy note. Also, send in your views in the comment section below once you cook this recipe. I’m damn sure, you’re going to love this recipe with all your heart.
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Mughlai Chicken’, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and have a delicious week ahead !!!!.
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©