Remembering the old times while writing this blog post today, on how we used to experiment with different sauces we can get our hands on just to get that perfect taste of authentic ‘Chicken Fried Rice’ like in the restaurants and street side chinese food stalls . It was frustrating in the beginning, but after a much of an experiment we finally succeeded in creating that perfect and authentic Asian flavor recipe exactly the way it should be and how we always wanted it to taste like. I know ‘Chicken Egg- Fried Rice’ is a very common and well-known dish in every Indian households and I’ve also seen people mess around with too many sauces and ingredients while making this particular dish just to get that perfect fried rice like we used to do earlier . So if you’re one of them looking for that perfect and authentic ‘Chicken Fried Rice’ recipe then, this recipe is just for you, this is BonGappétit’s take on this simple yet delicious and authentic ‘Chicken Fried Rice’ recipe inspired by all the restaurant visits and years of experiment and practice. I can absolutely assure you that this is the best authentic recipe you can find on the internet. Also, I always believe that this recipe has some kind of a magic aroma in it, no matter how many spoon-full of chicken fried rice you devour, you can never have enough of this mouth-watering and delicious Chicken Fried Rice recipe ever. Minimal Ingredients and Maximum Satisfaction is how I would like to describe this recipe in simple and short words.
A short Introduction : Fried Rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and is usually mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood or meat. As a homemade dish, fried rice is typically made with ingredients left over from other dishes, leading to countless variations. It is often eaten by itself or as an accompaniment to another dish. In here, we paired our Chicken Egg Fried Rice with Spicy Chili Chicken and salads.
Fried rice were first developed during the Sui Dynasty in China and as such all fried rice dishes can trace their origins to Chinese fried rice. – google
“The choice of oil for making fried rice plays an important part to create the authentic Asian flavor. Oils that are best suitable for stir-frying are mostly vegetable oil and that’s what we are going to use to make fried rice every time.BonGappétit
Please note : ‘Fried Rice’ and ‘Pulao’ are two different cuisine. Fried rice is cooked with precooked rice, and the method of cooking the rice doesn’t change, also it doesn’t require any chopped vegetables to cook, whereas, Pulao is made through the absorption method with more vegetables and other ingredients to cook.
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes.
Course : Main
Taste : Mild
|Bone-less Chicken pieces||250 gm|
|Premium brand Rice||300 gm approx.|
|Ginger Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Green Chili Shreds||1 tbsp|
|Soy Sauce||1-2 tbsp|
|Red Chili Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Spring Onions Chopped (the white portion)||1 large bowl|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
|Spring Onion Green leaves chopped (upper portion)||1 large bowl For Garnish|
Chicken Marination Ingredients:
|Bone-less Chicken Pieces||500 gm|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tbsp|
- In a bowl, add bone-less chicken pieces, squeeze 1 lemon juice, add 1 tbsp salt and pour 1 tbsp white vinegar. Mix and Marinade. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a 180°c preheated oven, bake+cook the marinated chicken for 8-9 minutes and keep aside. Pre-baking/cooking the chicken pieces is important and makes them very soft and juicy over all safe and healthy.
- In a heated oil, add the eggs and scramble them, add 1 tbsp salt accordingly. Once the eggs are cooked and turns light yellow, transfer it in a bowl and keep aside.
- Note: The pre-cooked plain white rice should be little hard in texture and not entirely soft and smushy, over 85-90% cooked while making this recipe.
How To Cook :
- Step 1 : In a wok, heat vegetable oil, add ginger and garlic shreds, fry them very properly over medium flame for 2-3 minutes, until a nice fried aroma reaches your nose. (This step is very important)
- Step 2 : Add spring onions (the white onion portion), green chili shreds, saute well for 1-2 minutes. Add baked chicken pieces to the ingredients. Pour 1-2 tbsp dark soy sauce and 1 tbsp red chili sauce. Mix well over a medium to high flame .
- Step 3 : Add the cooked plain white rice over the ingredients in the wok. Add salt 2 tbsp or as per taste. Carefully mix well, ( do not break the rice while mixing) over a high flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Step 4 : Add fried scrambled eggs. Mix well over a medium-high flame. Spread spring onions (the upper green portion) evenly. Mix well. Cover with a lid and turn off the flame.
- Step 5 : Serve hot with chili chicken and salad.
While playing with the sauces, the idea is to keep the chicken fried rice as light and mild as possible, you don’t want to see your fried rice look dark and dissolved in sauces. Sauces in your fried rice are subjective and it should be kept as an option while serving based on individual’s taste preference.
Chicken fried rice is my absolute favorite rice recipe to cook and enjoy on any day, its easy, quick and insanely delicious with minimum ingredient requirements. Also it goes super well when paired with spicy chili chicken or veg thick gravy manchurian balls as a side dish. I’ll be coming up with my version of “Spicy Chili Chicken” recipe soon on this blog, so stay tuned. Also, I would love to know what you would like to pair with your cooked Chicken fried rice at home.
If you liked my today’s post on “Chicken Fried Rice” recipe, do like, share, comment and subscribe, also keep on following my blog for many more such authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©