A very simple and delicious “Egg Masala Curry” recipe to start your day off on weekdays. Cooked with minimum ingredients and garam masala-whole spices which are always available in the kitchen. The eggs cooked in this recipe are initially medium boiled and fried in ghee to give that extra touch of rich flavor to the gravy with added fried cashew-onion-curd paste which enhances the overall dish making it deliciously scrumptious and mouth-watering yet very simple and light for health. So go ahead and learn this recipe to enjoy it’s delicious flavour and start your day off on a good note.
Eggs are my favorite, you can make end number of versatile recipes with this one simple ingredient in the kitchen- “Eggs”. Its cheap, easily available and can be cooked in so many different and countless recipes. The Indian recipe of making “Egg Masala” curry is simply delicious and honestly, this recipe can be cooked by anyone in the kitchen who are not used to much cooking and stuff in the kitchen. Its minimum ingredient requirements makes it even easier and effortless to cook this dish in just no time without much hassle. So, when are you planning to make this recipe?
Cooking Time : 20-25 minutes
Course : Main
Taste : Mildly Tangy and Spicy
|Eggs (Medium Boiled)||6|
|Cinnamon||1 small stick|
|Bay leaf||1 small|
|Ginger Shreds/Paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Shred/Paste||1 tbsp|
|Onions (sliced and fried)||1 large|
|Tomato (chopped)||1 medium|
|Whisked Curd||1 teacup|
|Cashew Nuts (broken pieces)||6-7|
|Red Chili Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (For Color)||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tbsp|
|Kasoori Methi Powder (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
Egg Marination Ingredients :
|Turmeric Powder||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tbsp/As Per Taste|
- Boil the eggs, remove the shell and cut them into halves. Marinade with 1 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and1 tbsp salt. Mix well.
- In a non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp ghee+1 tbsp oil, add eggs and fry till they are golden brown over medium-high flame.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan, fry the sliced onions, add cashew nut pieces. Fry till the ingredients change to golden brown over a high flame. Once done, cool it off and coarse grind in a blender with (1 teacup) whisked curd . Keep aside.
How To Cook :
- Step 1 : Heat oil in a Kadai/pan, add cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves and bay leaf. Once it splutters and releases an aroma, add ginger paste and garlic paste, fry on low-medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Step 2 : Now, add chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp sugar. Saute for 5-6 minutes over a high flame.
- Step 3 : Add fried onions-cashew-curd paste in the pan, Cook on medium-high flame for 6 minutes, add Kashmiri Red Chili powder, Red Chili Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam Masala and salt. Mix and cook on high flame for 6-7 minutes until oil separates.
- Step 4 : Pour 150 ml water in to the gravy, keep stirring until small steady bubbles rise on top over a high flame. Keep stirring and saute on a medium heat for another 2-3 mins till the gravy is cooked and reaches your desired consistency.
- Step 5 : Final Step, add the fried eggs, slowly- yolk side down and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, add another small bowl of water, mix well. Cover the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes until a nice aroma reaches your nose.
- Step 6 : Flip the halves eggs carefully with a spoon over a low to medium flame and sprinkle Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) evenly on top, mix well, check for salt, add if required. Turn off the flame.
- Step 7 : Serve hot with plain rice or roti and salad.
This recipe in simply light and delicious to cook on such lazy monsoon days and enjoy its rich scrumptious flavor with their loved ones. Also don’t forget to send in your views in the comment section below.
If you liked my today’s recipe on ‘Egg Masala Curry’ recipe, do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusive authentic and easy recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©