Butter Chicken is probably one of the most popular Indian chicken recipes liked by all. In fact, Butter Chicken is one of the most searched food item on Google worldwide. That’s how crazy it is!
Butter chicken originated from northern India. We have Kundan Lal Gujral to thank for creating what we know today as Murgh Makhani, or Butter Chicken, in 1948. Butter Chicken Curry or Murg Makhani is a curry of chicken in a spiced tomato, butter and creamy sauce. It originated in India as a curry but now butter chicken has become an altogether separate cuisine paired with roti or naan. And that’s all!
In here, we are sharing the most authentic and delicious Murgh Makhani|Butter Chicken recipe today on our blog post. After a lot of experiments and trial and error method, we finally got our hands on the secret ingredient to make the most authentic and delicious recipe of Butter Chicken that you get in the restaurants so that even you can make the same recipe in your home by following few simple steps as mentioned below.
Please Note: If you’re using salted butter, make sure that you keep the salt limit less than usual while cooking as it can make the butter chicken too much salty.
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Taste: Mildly Sweet
|Boneless Chicken pieces/Chicken breast||500 gm|
|Ginger||1 1/2 inch|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tbsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||2 tbsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tbsp|
|Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)||2 tbsp|
|Cashew Nuts pieces||12-15|
|Curd||1/2 teacup (to blend)|
|Fresh Cream||1 teacup|
|Bay leaf||2 medium|
|Cinnamon stick||1 small|
|Salt||1 tbsp/As Per Taste|
|Sugar||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Orange Color||Few drops|
|Boneless Chicken pieces||500 gm|
|Ginger Paste||1 tsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tbsp/As Per Taste|
How To Marinate:
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, kashmiri red chili powder, curd, lemon and salt. Mix and Marinade properly. Refrigerate to Marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, boil/bake the marinated chicken pieces over a high flame to one-two whistle as it is more healthier, easier and faster that frying them in deep heated oil which is highly unhealthy. Once done place it into a bowl and keep it ready.
How To Cook:
- In the heated pan add a spoonful of butter, add green cardamom. cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves. Fry them over a medium-high flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chopped onions tomatoes and cashew nuts, ginger, garlic cloves, turmeric powder salt, sugar, garam masala powder and kashmiri red chili powder. (Do not change the color of the onions while frying them)
- Mix evenly and cook for 10-15 minutes over a medium- high flame, add 1 1/2 teacup water and and let it simmer for another 15 minutes over a medium flame till the gravy is completely moist.
- In a mixer jar, add the gravy mixture, 1/2 teacup curd and few drops of orange color. Blend them into a fine smooth paste.
- Add 1 tbsp butter in the same pan, add the blended paste and preboiled chicken, saute over a medium-high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle fresh cream and kasoori meethi (dried fenugreek leaves) and cover. Let it simmer for 5-7 minute more. Stir in between to avoid sticking. Bring it to a boil over a high flame. Check for salt and sugar, add if needed.
- Garnish it with cream and Butter and serve hot with roti or naan.
If you liked my today’s Friday Special recipe on ‘Butter Chicken|Murgh Makhani‘ , do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog for many more such exclusively authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©