If you live in Mumbai near Sion Dadar vicinity, I’m sure you must have heard about the famous restaurant in Sion-Koliwada “Hardeep Punjab”. It is said that ‘Hardeep Punjab’ is truly a Sion legend. The restaurant is very famous for its one special dish – Chicken Maska Chaska. Once you get here in this restaurant, you have to try their authentic and popular Chicken Chaska Maska — a chicken curry dish in white gravy served in a matka (earthen pot) covered with a roti. Its delicious creamy texture mouth licking scrumptious taste offers a wholesome, comfort food experience. This cheesy and creamy starter will melt in your mouth right away. The taste of the chicken is just perfect. Not too light not too heavy. It is just perfect. A creamy chicken that will relish your taste buds. I especially visit this restaurant every year on my birthday and boy! do I miss having this delicious dish served by this restaurant! But this year due to this lockdown, unfortunately I had to skip my every year birthday tradition but it also finally made me cook this lip-smacking delicious dish at home and mygod! I honestly had the best Chicken Maska Chaska ever made at home and I’m so happy that I could make the exact replica of Hardeep Punjab’s Chaska Maska and thus sharing this delicious recipe with you’all to enjoy at home.
Ingredients For Chicken Marination:
|Bone-In Chicken||750 grams|
|Ginger Paste||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||2 tbsp|
How To Marinate:
- In a mix pot, mix all the listed marinating ingredients with the chicken.
- Place a live charcoal with 1 tsp ghee and cover the pot with a lid. Let it rest 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the charcoal and refrigerate to marinate for 45 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and 1 tbsp butter, fry the marinated chicken over high flame till it gets cooked and the gravy dries off. Set aside for later.
Chaska Maska Masala Ingredients:
|Cinnamon Stick||1/2 inch|
|Fennel Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Seeds||1 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Dry Red Chilies||2|
How to Make :
- Roast all the above listed ingredients on medium flame for 5 minutes. Make sure they are all properly fried.
- Transfer them in a mixing jar and ground them to fine mixture/powder. Once done, keep aside for later.
Ingredients For White Sauce :
|Marinated & Fried Chicken (Bone-In)||750 grams|
|Fresh Cream||7-8 tbsp|
|Fresh Milk||250 ml|
|Cashew Paste||3 tbsp|
|All-Purpose Flour (Maida)||3 tbsp|
|Chaska Maska Masala||3 tbsp|
|Salted Butter (Amul)||4 tbsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Grated Mozzarella Cheese||3 tbsp|
|Grated Cheddar Cheese||3 tbsp|
|Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
How To Cook:
- Heat oil in a pan, add 4 tbsp butter, all purpose flour (maida). Saute over low flame.
- Add milk and saute for a minute, add cashew paste, fresh cream, grated mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle black pepper powder. Mix and saute over medium flame for 5 minutes, let it simmer. (add milk whenever required to avoid forming clumps)
- Add the fried chicken and sprinkle chaska maska masala. Mix and coat well. Sprinkle Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves). Mix well. Let it simmer over high flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh milk and kasuri methi. Serve hot with roti or chapati.
If you liked my special Koliwada recipe on ‘Chicken Chaska Maska- Chicken Curry in Creamy Sauce Recipe’ , do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog and to my Youtube Chanel – bongappétit for many more such exclusively authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©