What is it with having no onion-no garlic on Saturdays? Well, Onion and garlic are categorized as Taamasic in nature, thus today’s special recipe is all about making ‘Matar Paneer’ with no onion and no garlic. This recipe can also be termed as Pure Veg or Jain Recipe. A classic paneer recipe cooked in most of the Indian households especially on religious occasions.
So, if you are yet to plan your Saturday evening menu, BonGappétit is back with a brand new veg recipe to make your evening very special. Click on the video above to see our latest recipe on our Youtube channel. Also, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe if you loved our recipe. Your kind appreciation will mean a lot to me.
Cooking time: 30 mins. approx
Ingredients for Tomato Puree:
|Tomato (roughly chopped)||2 medium|
|Cashew Nuts (broken)||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for Masala:
|Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)||250 grams|
|Matar (Green Peas)||1 small bowl|
|Tomato Puree||prepared earlier|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||4 tbsp + to garnish|
|Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Vegetable Oil||To Cook|
How To Cook:
- In a boiling jar, add 15 ml water and 1 tsp salt, add the green peas (matar) in the jar and boil over high flame for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil, add ghee, ginger, cashew nuts, roughly chopped tomatoes and green chiles, fry them over high flame till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Once done, cool it down and transfer in a mixer jar and ground them to a thick paste.
- In the same pan, add oil and 1tsp ghee, fry the paneer pieces over high flame for 5 minutes. Once done, transfer in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan, add black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and whole cumin seeds. Fry for a minute over medium flame.
- Add tomato puree, mix well add the powdered spices and cook further for 2-3 minutes, add water if the masala gets too dry, cook until the oil is released.
- Add green peas and cook for 3-4 minutes, add water mix well, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.]
- Add paneer cubes and mix well without breaking the delicate paneer, add fresh cream and kasuri methi, mix well, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha and rice.
If you liked my special Jain recipe on ‘Matar Paneer|No Onion-No Garlic|Creamy Veg Paneer Recipe’ do like, share, comment and subscribe to my blog and also to my new Youtube Chanel – bongappétit for many more such exclusively authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow my Food Journey on Social Media :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©