Every vegetarian knows that a party is incomplete without a paneer dish for the main course. This creamy and soft ingredient makes for an excellent snack and main course! The best part about paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is that it is a rich source of protein for vegetarians. The fact that paneer is protein-rich allows us to enjoy this ingredient in all its forms guilt-free!
Shahi paneer-The name of this dish indicates royalty, and Shahi Paneer indeed tastes like a dish made for royals! Shahi paneer is an extremely popular vegetarian dish as it is creamy and delicious! Shahi paneer can be cooked in red and white gravy also.
Soft cottage cheese pieces served in thick tomato gravy. This Shahi Paneer recipe is perfect for a dinner party and would leave your guests craving for more.
Shahi Paneer is more flavorful than other paneer recipes and mostly served on various occasions. It is one of the most popular vegetarian curries in Indian cuisine and can be eaten with roti, naan or rice. So let’s get started with our today’s droolworthy Shahi Paneer recipe!
Cooking Time: 40 mins. approx.
Ingredients: (to make onion-tomato blended paste gravy)
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon stick||2 small pieces|
|Cashew nuts (broken pieces)||3 tbsp|
|Dry Kashmiri Red Chilies||4-5|
|Onion (slices)||3 medium size|
|Ginger (chopped)||2 inches|
|Tomato (sliced)||2 medium size|
|Olive Oil||4 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Whisked Curd/Yogurt||6-7 tbsp|
|Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1 tsp|
|Fresh Cream||6-7 tbsp|
|Cottage Cheese (Paneer)|
cut into cubes
- To make the blended paste, take a pan and heat 4 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Add the above listed whole spices . Give a stir and fry 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the onions. Fry on medium heat for 2 mins till the onions are translucent & then add the cashew nuts, ghee, chopped ginger and garlic cloves.
- Mix and fry on medium heat for 6-7 mins. Add Kashmiri red chilies, fry for another 1-2 minute on medium heat.
- Now add the tomato cubes, sugar and salt, give a mix. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins and then add 200 ml of hot water.
- Give a mix and cover & cook for around 15 mins till the mixture is soft, stir occasionally.
- Once done, remove and discard black cardamom, set aside to cool and then transfer to a blender.
- Blend it once and then add enough water to blend smoothly into smooth creamy paste.
- Cut the paneer into cubes and set aside.
- Dry roast the Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and crush it with hand into a rough powder.
How To Cook:
- Take a pan and heat 30 gms butter. Add the green cardamoms and give a stir 1 minute on low heat.
- Sprinkle Turmeric Powder & the Kashmiri Chili powder and give a mix for 15 seconds on lowest heat.
- Pour the blended paste and mix it well with the spice powders.
- Stir and cook on low-medium heat for around 5-7 mins. Add 5-6 tbsp water, cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the whisked curd/yogurt slowly. Keep stirring on low heat for5 minutes till it’s cooked and oil separates.
- Sprinkle crushed Kasuri Methi and Paneer cubes , mix gently on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Cover & cook 10 mins. on low heat. Now remove lid, add fresh cream & mix it well.
- Cook for 2 mins on low heat. Serve hot and enjoy!
Your lip-smacking Shahi Paneer recipe is ready to be served, you can serve it with paratha, naan, roti or any Indian bread of your choice, you can also prefer rice along with this.
If you liked our recipe on ‘Shahi Paneer’ do like, share, comment and subscribe/follow my blog and also Subscribe to my new Youtube Chanel – bongappetit for many more such exclusively, authentic and delicious food recipes at home. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Follow our Food Journey on Social Media & Youtube :
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/rakhijana_
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/rakhi.jana.9/
Images are subject to copyright.©